Thomson Turbine Governors has 30 years experience providing custom solutions to large power plant needs. All installations of this type are unique. Please use our convenient inquiry form when contacting us so that we can begin exploring solutions for your power plant.
The TTG-650 is the typical hydraulic speed and non-speed governor used for larger grid connected plants.
This product is designed to provide electrohydraulic turbine control to sites that may need or my not need full speed governing. This allows the product to be designed for very simple HPU and turbine control systems. The package is normally designed to be physically integrated into the hydraulic power unit (HPU) used for control of hydraulic turbines. The controller will be customized for each type of hydraulic arrangement. This is done by Thomson Turbines and the HPU supplier if the HPU is supplied separately. Off-the-shelf components are used throughout. A keypad and alphanumeric display on the controller panel is used for testing, set-up, and local control of the turbine. No additional equipment or software is required. A PLC platform is utilized for the required logic, allowing flexibility to adapt to different HPU designs. A standardized interface is presented to the rest of the control system and switchgear, requiring relatively simple signals from the plant control system. The standardized interface can be utilized partially for simple plant operating, or more fully as required. Designed for grid operation, without stand-alone. The Standard Controller can interface with up to three turbine control elements (i.e. a twin nozzle Pelton or Turgo machine), plus a turbine inlet valve. This means that Frances and Kaplan machines can also be accommodated.
- Sequenced Startup upon a run input
- Sequenced Shut-down upon removing the run signal
- Upon command will Auto-synchronize turbine speed to the bus and provide a close to line contact
- Power control when grid connected
- Optionally provides Hydraulic Pump Control and pressure regulation
- Provides inputs for alarming and tripping due to abnormal HPU conditions
- Sequenced Startup upon a start request
- Sequenced Shut-down upon a stop request
- Highly accurate governing.
- Head Level Option available.
- Communications Options including Internet connectivity is available.